Coby Electronics manufactures a variety of multimedia devices, including several lines of portable MP3 players. Like most such devices, Coby's MP3 players are equipped with rechargeable batteries. Recharging the battery in your MP3 player is a relatively simple process.
Turn on your computer and make sure it is set so that it won't go into Sleep mode while the MP3 player battery is recharging.
Connect the Coby MP3 player to your computer using the USB cable supplied by the manufacturer.
Leave the MP3 player connected to the computer for several hours.
- The computer must be powered on and not in Sleep mode or the player will not charge.
- If the battery isn't charging, double-check to confirm that your computer is active. If you are using a laptop computer, plug in the A/C adapter; some laptops have a power-saver feature that restricts them from recharging USB devices when not powered by the A/C adapter.
- If the problem persists, try using a different USB port. Sometimes, devices only work with certain ports. It's also possible that one of your computer's ports may be malfunctioning and won't work properly with any device.
- If you are still unable to charge your MP3 player, contact Coby technical support. There could be a problem with the connection or the battery itself.
- mp3 player image by asiana from Fotolia.com