If you have downloaded a large number of WiiWare or Nintendo Virtual Console games to your Wii using Nintendo's Wii Shop Channel, you may find your console starts to run low on system memory. Moving some of these games onto an SD memory card allows you to free up space within the Wii's internal memory and leave more space for additional Wii channels or game save files.
Insert a compatible SD or SDHC memory card in your Wii console's SD card slot. The Wii supports SD cards with capacities of 2GB or less and SDHC cards up to 32GB. For best results use official Nintendo-approved cards from SanDisk or BD&A.
Power up your Wii. Point the Wii Remote at the screen and use the "A" button to select the "Wii Settings" button on the bottom left of the screen.
Select "Data Management" from the menu with the Wii Remote and then "Wii Channels."
Choose the game you wish to move, select it with the Wii Remote's "A" button and select "Move."
Select "Yes" when asked if you wish to move the game to the SD card. The console then moves the data to the storage card.
- If you accidentally delete a game, you can download it again from the Wii Shop Channel without charge.
- Although you can move your SD card to another Wii console, you can only play downloaded games on the same console used to purchase and download them.
- You can play games directly from the SD card if you select the storage card icon on the Wii's home menu.
- To avoid loss of data, do not power down your Wii console while moving data to the SD card.
Items you will need
- Compatible SD or SDHC memory card
- sd - karte front image by Otmar Smit from Fotolia.com